Saturday, September 19, 2009

Tributes to my Uncle Kwong Hua

I was sad when I hear that my uncle Kwong Hua has passed away
this morning (Sep-18-2009). Here is a nice little poem I found...

pablo-picasso-petite-fleurs.jpg


MY DEAR UNCLE

So many thoughts,

in my head.

So many things,

left unsaid.

You left that day,

without a glance.

Never knowing God,

wasn't giving you a second chance.

What was in your head,

the last moments you had.

I hope you though happy thoughts,

and not sad.

No one can evertake your place.

Your image in my heartwill never erase.

As you smile one me from up above.

My mind is still sadbut my heart is filled with love.

I love you dear uncle you meant the world to me.

I'll always make you proud of me you will see.



(by Michelle May Hickman, USA)


I have not have much time to spent with uncle Kwong Hua. He is the elder uncle of the family. He has migrated to Vancouver, Canada many many years ago.

When my dad passed away in 1989, I knew that I have to get a degree in college in order to move on. Dad did not leave me too much fortune. But I made up my mind to go to Canada to continue my studies. I earned a scholarship to study there, using my dad's pensions to buy a one way ticket to get there.

I have selected to study my E.E degree in Memorial University of Newfoundland. That is the only place where I can study and work legally in Canada. Had to say goodbye to McGill and McMaster, as I need to work to pay my tuition fees and livings. Of course, the money I earned back then is just enough to cover both the tuition fees and living expenses.

Somehow, uncle Kwong Hua gets to know about my situation, and he has very generously send me $200 pocket money every month until I graduate. That is a lot of money to me back then. It is this money that keep me warm, and keep my stomach full. It is this money that makes me work hard and finally graduate from the university. Without the aid, I can't imagine what kind of life I will be living in.

Thank you uncle Kwong Hua for your kindness. I will always remember the deeds that you have done. I will always remember you in my heart. Without you, there might not be a Kenneth Liew today. So, thank you again, and rest in peace.




No comments:

Post a Comment