Saturday, September 14, 2013

Cool Gadget: 3M Streaming Projector Powered by Roku

Date:  Sep 14, 2013

My latest gadget arrived from Amazon/Borderlinx yesterday.

Yeah!  It is a Mobile & Mini projector from 3M.

IMG 7502

It is small, and cool.

IMG 7504

Yeah!  I can watch TV in my room, by projecting the show on this projector onto the ceiling wall just beside my ceiling fan.  

See Jay Jay very comfortable lying down there watching Thomas.

OK.  Feng Shui not recommending installing a TV inside the room.  So, when I move here, my room purposely has no TV.  But sometimes you really wanted to watch some show, instead of watching it on iPad screen, now, I can watch it on bigger screen and enjoy the show.

IMG 7507

The images is surprisingly HD and very sharp.

IMG 7509

Introducing 3M Streaming Projector Powered by Roku.

NewImage

It is palm size.

NewImage

Yeah, it is that small.  You can see some menu buttons on it.

IMG 7512

And it uses the Roku stick.  But I am sure I can place the ChromeCast in there too.  But ChromeCast drawing power from the USB port on the stick.  So, it may not work.

For now, let's use the Roku, and it shall be enough for me.  

NewImage

Installing the Roku stick is very easy.  Simply stick it into the HDMI port and class the cover.

NewImage

How small it is?  2" by 4.2" heights.  WOW.  That is small and convenient.  And the battery is about 2.5 hour.  Good enough for 1 show.

NewImage

Here is the packaging.  Very simple and power on and run it.

Of course, you got to setup Roku stick.  Since I have already got a Roku2 before, setting up is easy.  And all my channels are available after I log in to the Roku account.

NewImage

This is the remote.  No complaint there.  Not as elegant compare to Apple TV.  But good enough.  This is 3M plus Roku control.

NewImage

Oh ya, at the bottom, standard camera holder can attach here.

IMG 7514

And there is Roku.  Take note, most of these show requires you to re-configure your home router DNS to a US DNS.  Then, you can watch Netflix.  

To understand how to do that… http://miniliew.blogspot.sg/2012/06/magic-dns.html

NewImage

It is now US$200 for the projector and the Roku stick.  I did not know the mini projector price has gone down so much.

I saw it on some Internet posting that day, and I click on buy.  hahaha

To buy, click below.

http://www.amazon.com/3M-Streaming-Projector-Powered-SPR1000/dp/B008X1BV2Y

Of course, you want a 84" projection, you can buy this projection screen.  Or if your room has the wall of this size.

http://www.amazon.com/MGM-Mgm-84Pop-84-Inch-Pop-Up-Projection/dp/B0072LEKMO/ref=pd_sim_e_2

I watch two movies yesterday on this.  And it is very enjoying on big screen, and when lying down.  HaHaHaHa.

But I use Plex Media Server at home.  So, all my shows are on my Synology Diskstation.

NewImage

So, this projector is useful for me to watch high quality HD movie at home.  

Screen Shot 2013 09 14 at 6 57 34 AM

I like it!

6 comments:

  1. This seems to be the smallest projector i ever seem. Thanks for sharing.
    By exploring various projector's manufacturer website i find one of the best projector that offering theater like experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post i am using this Projector from last few months i never face any kind of problem from the date of the purchase it

    ReplyDelete
  3. superb performance of this Projector i am using this from last few months

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think to buy a mini Projector then it relies on upon what is your motivation of purchasing this gadget. On the off chance that you are simply looking to have a projector for home utilize watch motion pictures and offer pictures, then clearly you need a reasonable projector, yet on the off chance that if your need is more expert, and you are searching to utilize it for business presentations, then you need to build the plan, and try for a quality gadget that provides for you an agreeable picture and other extra choices. The Mini Projector are the prevalent gadget nowadays for individuals who remain continually in travel, and preferences to give business presentations to their customers.
    Pico Projector

    ReplyDelete
  5. To achieve this exciting dream, we brought together a team of highly skilled engineers and developers to create innovative and futuristic products. mini projector

    ReplyDelete
  6. This seems to be the smallest projector i ever seem. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete