Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Jay Jay & His Chinese Tuition

Date:  Oct 8, 2014

This week is the SA test for the primary 2 students.  They will be tested on compositions writing for both Chinese and English.

Two weeks later, they will be tested on English, Math and Chinese (grammars, vocabs and language usage).

I just learned from the other parents that SA test is important as it carries a lot of weight for the full year result.  

And the P2 results are important as they are going to split the 8 classes into 6.  And out of the 6 classes, 2 will be the “top class” where there are 30 students in each class.  There rest of the 4 classes will have 40 students.  I don’t know why such classifications, but I do know that it is important to be in the “better class” as better attention will be given.

So I also very kia-su, and I bought these when I passed by Popular bookstore.

IMG 1893

To me, if he can score 80 and above it is very good already.  So, I have no complaint on these marks.  haha

IMG 1919

What surprise me is the Chinese.  He did pretty OK.  A lot of careless mistakes.  But he did OK.  So, we agree to try to finish as much as possible.  To try to catch some obvious mistakes he often ha.

IMG 1920

I think I make a correct decision to arrange a tuition teacher for him for 1.5 hours tuition (1 to 1) every week.  I did not check the work until yesterday.  Because my policy is once I pass the kid to the “professionals” I usually will let the teacher teach him.  So, yesterday, I found a Chinese Composition book that Jay was practising every week with his Tuition teacher.

IMG 1966

Here are some of the examples… Look at the pictures, some helping words, etc.

IMG 1967

And this is what he wrote.

1.  I like what I see.  The writings.  Very neat.  Getting better.  And sometimes I think it is better than his English.

2.  He tends to write more although the requirement is at least 30 words.

3.  He is expressing himself.

IMG 1968

Here is another example.

IMG 1969

Wow.  “一个晴朗的星期六早上”.

Just yesterday I was debating this in the office with some colleagues that why Primary school students need to write so “pretty” words to describes everything.  In my mind, if you know how to write to express yourself then is OK already.

So, I asked Jay Jay, who taught him how to use 晴朗 etc… He told me, the school teacher actually taught him that.  And the home tuition teacher also taught him to write it this way. So, indeed, the school teachers will want to see them write in this manner.

IMG 1970

Another example...

IMG 1971

Again, I love the writings.  Getting very neat.  So, I guess asking him to sometimes learn Chinese Calligraphy is a correct choice too.

IMG 1972

And you can see that this is precisely how he will speak to me if it is not writing.  The passage reflects how he speaks too.

IMG 1974

一个凉风习习的下午

I don’t think I will know how to write using these fancy words too.  HaHaHa...

IMG 1976

But the most important thing that Jay impressed me is he now learned how to use a dictionary.  Which is very important.

He can find the Pin Yin, which is normal.  But he impressed me that if he don’t know what word it is, he can find the 部首 and try search for the word.  This is amazing feeling.  The whole Primary 2, he is doing all his learning from school and I did not know he has come so far and learn all these by himself.  

Good job Jay Jay!

IMG 1977

I am indeed impress, and very proud of Jay who turns 8 years old today. :)

13 comments:

  1. Myself Ruby Cruze. I am very much excited to join this community. It's my pleasure to take part of the discussion. Good luck that in this path I will share different matters discuss and gain knowledge through this way, not only gain knowledge but also salve many more questions. Thanks for your correct information, you are providing some good helpful information. Thanks a lot
    Chinese Tuition

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really impress with you for the selecting of new and unique topic and also well written article on it. Thanks for sharing with us.
    English tuition At Tampines

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are looking for best perfusion technology colleges in Bangalore, here is the result of best bsc perfusion colleges. Pefusion is the most popular course inn recent times. Click the following links.
    BSc Perfusion Technology Colleges In Bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you interested to increase your online business on Google? If yes then you must choose an SEO Company in Delhi that can make the best strategy that will lead your business website towards traffic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CSS Founder is known as the best website design company in hyderabad where you meet with the best website design & development service provider. You can connect with us and get your dream website at an affordable price.

    ReplyDelete
  6. PromoteDial is known as the best SEO Company in bandra that will help you in ranking your website on the first page of Google. We can help you in increasing your online business, connect with us for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really very nice and interesting thing you shared in this post. Please keep posting like this. Top 10 residential projects in Noida Extension

    ReplyDelete
  8. You shared very nice and informative content. Thank you for posting this. Sun Shades

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice! thank you so much! Thank you for sharing. Your blog posts are more interesting and informative.
    Web Design Company Houston

    ReplyDelete
  10. CSS Founder stands out as the best website design company in Hyderabad . With a team of highly skilled and experienced designers, CSS Founder is dedicated to providing top-notch website design services to meet the unique needs of each client.

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you want to apply for a tourist visa to business visa then you can connect with India Visa for getting quick visa application process. Our expertise has made the application process smoother for eligible applicants.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Visit Visa is a well-known and trusted India visa provider company that specializes in providing seamless and hassle-free visa services to individuals wishing to visit India. They understand the complexities and requirements of the visa application process and strive to provide efficient and prompt services to their clients. Be it for tourism, business, or medical purposes, Visit Visa ensures that all the necessary documentation and procedures are taken care of, making the visa application process simple and convenient for the applicants.

    ReplyDelete