Friday, August 28, 2009

Scratching my heads on the design

(Originally posted at Notes @ Facebook on Aug 10, 2009)

When it comes down to the design of the new place, I am scratching my tiny little brain, and how to make everything works... We need big room for the 2 boys, we need guest room for in laws and friends, we need a play room, and not to mention a decent place for the maid to sleep... we need a big living room, we need a place where mommy can have teleconference without disturbing every one, we need a place to watch movie, etc. etc. etc... Wait... we also need a place to put Mommy's pottery throwing wheel and kilns... scratching my heads ar...

reno.jpg

At first, we thought of the design to have 5 rooms (this will makes all the room very small).... later, come to think about it... may be we should stick with 4 rooms... 1 for the master bedroom, 1 study room for mom to work, 1 bedroom for the kids (yeah... 2 boys bunk in together), and 1 playroom/guess room... How to make it look big... scratching my heads... with this design, we will address 2 big issues... a guest room as well as the study room for mom's late night conferences...

Next, human rights issue, where will be our maid going to sleep? So, let's design a cozy little place for her, with attached bathroom, a bed with storage area for her, and to have windows and of course a small working area for her to read books and write letters... OK... that's done. Although it is at the back, but as long as it is cozy, I think she won't mind... by the way, she will be sleeping in the apartment's primary fortunate area (according to the Feng Shui)... I leave this huge task to Loo (our faithful contractor all these years) to work on it...

Since now I have chosen and pay for the Sofa I want... the next thing I need is to see where to place it, and how to make it look nice. Since the Sofa looks very oh-biang! Ha Ha Ha... This Sofa is really good and comfortable... so, Living room will be design according to suit this Sofa... headache again....

To have a small pond or not in the Balcony?? I need to have some living fishes there... How How how??? I think have to go look see around to find something that is suitable... Of course, to expects lots of greens in the Balcony... like the existing place...

Since we are adding one more room, not really sure if we can have a comfortable dining table set in the middle without blocking everything... Got to hunt for a good dining table... this time, I want a round dinning table since going to have the second kids coming... A round table ... a real family table, a round table of knights... those that is spinning spinning one...

Now, which room is for study and which room for the boys? if facing Ave 6, it will be noisy.. so, got to sound proof the room, if facing the north, is is a smaller room... hmmm... have yet to decide that yet... Put them in the East or put them in the North?

Master bed room, again... have to expand the toilet... make it big big... that will eat into the room area... and what shall I do about the balcony area? sealed it? I think need to think hard again on that... Room become smaller now if the bathroom expands ... where is my cozy corners? and not to mention the TV... should I put TV in the room, Feng Shui say no, but thousands of my brain cells telling me to put a TV in the room... I have yet decided on that... I'm going to miss my TV in the room if I chosen the Feng Shui way... arhhhhh...

Conclusions.... I think... the upcoming design of the house, has to be comfort living, not good looking... I am very very sure of it. When my in laws and my mom are here, I make sure there are 2 rooms for them to stay (converted to guest room). The kids must feel like a very family place... a home... it is most likely that I am going to have one TV only this time... or two... (have not decided yet)... not to mentioned we need to make the whole house "Green"... save energy, save water, and save the world...

Now, the most important thing is to wait for the arrival of baby "K". Jay ("J") has been asking mommy when baby "K" coming... we are still waiting... while I have some times, I will regroup my thoughts of the design again...

No comments:

Post a Comment