Date: Feb 10, 2015
I don’t recommend to root your 10moons TV Box.
- After I rooted one of my box, the box run extremely SLOW.
- Some of the Apps are not functioning properly.
- You can’t change it to English, as I could not find the correct settings to do so.
- Something is broken, but I don’t know what.
However, if you feel the urge, here is how to root your 10moons TV box.
1. Download this App.
2. You have been warned. There is no UNDO button hor.
3. Run the app, simply press the button to get Rooted.
4. Again, this is the App to use. From Baidu.
5. Once you press that blue button, it takes awfully long time to root your machine. May be 10-20 minutes. Depends.
6. You just need to wait very patiently.
7. When you almost done rooting, a few box appears asking you to install some rooting app.
8. The root is controlled by the individual App.
9. Finally, your 10Moons D6Q is rooted.
10. These are some of the things you can do with your root privilege.
11. Even Shafa App Store can get the root privilege.
12. Not sure what I did, the default launcher stopped working.
13. Trying to unload some useless system App.
14. And it does not work!
15. Finally I installed the SuperSU App.
16. It seems to be able to change the language.
17. Changing it to Singapore English. And it worked. But most of my App is in Chinese which does not come in English flavour.
After playing it for a few days, I don’t like it. Installing Apps is not as smooth as before, you have to use Mouse to do the selection.
The systems running very slow.
I think a lot of things broken. I don’t know what.
So, I am not recommending the rooting.