Sunday, April 8, 2012

Cook with Ken: Green Carrot Soup

Date: Apr 8, 2012

Yesterday, I cooked 白斩鸡 (Hainanese Chicken).  So, I am going to use the soup I kept from last night for today's soup.  Remember, if you want to keep the soup fresh.  You boiled the soup and then turn off power before you go sleep.  You boiled it again, when you wake up.  And keep boiling it until the time when you want to cook.  Like that, your soup base won't get spoiled easily.  No point keep it in the fridge if you plan to cook it the next day.

IMG_6768.jpg

1.  This is Green Carrot.  It is also the first time I actually saw this.

IMG_6766.jpg

2.  Cut it into cubes.

IMG_6770.JPG

3.  I also used white carrot.

IMG_6767.jpg

4.  Slice it.

IMG_6771.jpg

5.  Boiled the soup.  Place the green and white carrots in there.

IMG_6775.jpg

6.  To add some meaty taste, add in some pork bones.  I bought the bones from Huber's Butchery.  Very nice bones.

IMG_6773.jpg

7.  In a separate pot, boil some hot water, and rinse the meat in the hot boiling water.  Clean the bone, wash away the blood, etc.

IMG_6777.jpg

8.  Place the bones into the soup.  Use small fire to cook for 1-2 hours.

IMG_6778.jpg

9.  Cut some leeks.

IMG_6790.jpg

10.  Cut to long stems.  Throw it into the soup.

IMG_6792.JPG

9.  Very healthy green and white carrot leek soup.

IMG_6827.JPG

I love soup.  And I love to cook the soup for more than 2-4 hours.  I love the heaty taste of the soup.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment