Tuesday, July 17, 2012

National Day & Flag

Date:  July 17, 2012

On last Saturday, when I came back from KL.  I saw the Singapore Flags was haning outside my window.  National Day is coming!  Jay is very excited.  As we going to go for the reharsal on Aug 4, and we are going to stay in Marina Bay Sands for a night too.

I have walked around, and check.  In my condo area, we are the only one with the Singapore flag hanging out.  This is a very interesting things to think about.  There are about 400+ units here, and yet, the Singaporeans (my wife and sons) in my home has hang out the flag, and it seems they are the only one that does it.

So, today, I cycle at the Ulu Pandan jogging path, and I found only 2-3 flags in the condo there too.  Very interesting.

So, are these condos occupied by PRs?  Foreign Talents?  Interesting...

But along the AYE, there is this HDB, the whole block is full of flag.  Of course, thet one is put up by the community.

So, is it a must to hang the flag?  Is it out from your heart that you have the urge to hang the flag?  Or is it you see other people hanging it, you also want to hang it.  All these thoughts counts.

Funny thoughts running thru my mind today.  hahahaha

IMG_9204.jpg

Of course, you see the flags up there, you see the flags down here hanging on the car side mirror.

IMG_9205.jpg

Let's continue my cycle journey, along the Jalan Lempeng there, there is a small road, with all the landed properties.  All the house there hang their flags at the gate.  That is very patriotic.

I can see more flags along the landed properties houses.

Anyway, there are some things to think about what to do with the flag after you finish hanging it.  You cannot simply throw it into the dust bin.   When it is old and color fade, instead of throw it, you pass it to the community centre to help you dispose it.  They will properly dispose it for you.  Remember, you cannot throw the flag away.

Also, if you found the flag dirty, and you wash it, and you wish to hang it dry, you also cannot hang the flags on your hanging poles together with your cloths, and underwears... etc.  It is not polite thing to do.  It is no respect thing to do.  :)

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment