Saturday, July 21, 2012

Saga Seeds (相思豆)

Date:  July 21, 2012
红豆生南国,春来发几枝?
愿君多采撷,此物最相思。
NewImage.jpg
One day, there was a heavy storm.
Next day, one of the Saga Tree branches was lying on the ground.  Near Lorna Whiston Pre-School.
Uncle from Lorna Whiston informed us, whether we want to pick up the Saga seeds or not.  Otherwise, when the domestic workers walk the dogs, they will pick it up.
IMG_9243.jpg
So, we brougt back a small brunch.
IMG_9245.jpg
To tell you the truth, I had never seen a Saga Seeds tree before, nor I know how it looks like.  I only know it drops down to the ground, I picked it up.
IMG_9242.jpg
The boys job today is to separate the saga seeds from the branches.
IMG_9238.jpg
Kay Kay seems very focus picking the saga seeds.
IMG_9240.jpg
Jay Jay also.

IMG_9244.jpg

There are the saga seeds.

IMG_9241.jpg

What are we going to do with it?  We don't know yet.  But we will think of something.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, can you kindly tell me the exact location of the tree? I would like to collect some too and would appreciate it a lot if you can share the joy with me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, the tree was at Lorna Whiston Preschool, just outside the gate. One day, thunder storm, whole tree snapped. That is why we pick a lot back. So I am not sure still got or not at near by. I take note tomorrow to see if there are more saga trees.

    ReplyDelete