Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Memory Vs. Violin

Date:  May 16, 2012

Jay Jay is taking Violin lesson now.  However, everytime I went to the class and hear how he play, not that fantastic.  So, I decided to also teach him some tricks.

IMG_7647.jpg

So, I asked him to play his favorite song today.  And then, we will focus only on that song.

IMG_7641.jpg

So, I ask him to forget about playing the whole song and reading out loud the notes each time he played.  He blur...

IMG_7642.jpg

So, I explained to him that I only wanted to listen to him playing the first 4 notes.  Let's concentrate on those 4 notes.

IMG_7643.jpg

This is where you can teach him not to pull the bow too hard, and must always let the bow rest and play on a limited area, instead of flying around.

IMG_7644.jpg

This is the famous divide and conquer.  Learn 4 notes at a time.  By the time he learned this first 4 notes.  He has already remember by hard.  And can play without looking at the song book.  And his left fingers automatically know how to run with the song.  Then, I teach him not to look or stare at his fingers.  And he should look at me instead.  And after a few minutes, he gladly perform that too.

IMG_7645.jpg

I managed to take a few video shots... and he is doing great.  Although the notes are not that perfect, but the fact that he can grasp the idea of performing art, has already make me very happy.  By the time we ended this home pratice session, he already learn and remember how to play 14 notes without looking at the song book.

IMG_7646.jpg

Well done Jay!  Daddy is proud of you.  Keep on the good work.

Here is the Facebook video clips.  https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150818412593284&ref=notif&notif_t=video_comment

 

2 comments: