Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Cook with Ken: Valentine's Day Dinner

Date:  Feb 14, 2012

Today is Valentine's Day.  My wife suggested "Why don't you picked up a few ribeyes on your way back." --> That means, she wants me to cook! HaHaHa

Instead, In addition to ribeyes steaks.  I picked up a Crab.  It will be my first time cooking a crab.

IMG_4210.JPG

The main reason why I never cooked crab before, is because I did not like that adventure of killing a crab, especially while it can still move when you stick a knife on it.  So, in Cold Storage, I asked the uncle to help me to kill it.  It is one of the very active lively crab in the tank, and then, uncle just stick a knive into its heart.  And he cut it into half.  so, I guess I can call it a fresh crab if I cook it immediately when I reach home.

IMG_4209.jpg

How do I cook it?  Well, I will use the same recipee as how I cook the Sweet and Spicy Clams.  See bolow posting...  It is same ingredients and the only changes is to change and replace the clams with this crab!

http://miniliew.blogspot.com/2012/02/cook-with-ken-creativity-on-clams.html?utm_source=BP_recent

Within half an hour, I chop chop chop up and prepared all the ingredients.  And it's time to cook for the family on Valentines Tuesday!  It's going to be messy.

IMG_4213.JPG

My son favorite dish - Tomato Spagetti.

IMG_4214.jpg

The Chilli Crab!  I cook it my way.  (I used the lady finger again!)

IMG_4216.jpg

And of course... The steak!  This time, I bought the meat from the Butchery from Great World City.  IMG_4219.jpg

It is a GRASS FED ribeye from New Zealand.  As you can see, it has not much FAT on it.  Therefore, it is going to be quite chewy!  As expected.

IMG_4220.jpg

When I step into that butchery shop and started to choose my meat.  The guy there asked me... "Do you want us to marinate the meat for you?"

I said "Huh?"

He said "Our chef is the famous chef from Pump Room" (don't know from where which Central or something)...

I said "Huh?  Marinate the steak?"

He said "Ya, very good, taste very nice!"

I replied "I don't marinate my steak, I used only Salt and Pepper..." HaHaHaHaHaHa

IMG_4222.jpg

The kids simply loves the food PaPa cooked.

IMG_4225.jpg

Let's pair the crab with Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc.

IMG_4228.JPG

After the meal, the kids have their chocolate desserts.  This is Jay Jay with the Kay Kay look...

IMG_4229.jpg

From some angle, he really looks like his younger brother...

IMG_4233.JPG

As usual, Kay Kay has a happy smile on his face when he have chocolate cake.  hahaHa

IMG_4231.jpg

HAPPY VALENTINES DAYEveryone.  Hope you enjoy the day!

IMG_4206.JPG

(This year, I did not give S$10 to my wife and ask her to buy flowers from the market!  In fact, long time I never did that!  And instead, I sent her some Tulips and Carnations.  Pink one.  I think is nice!)

No comments:

Post a Comment