Monday, June 27, 2011

My Balcony - My Garden

Date:  June 27, 2011

If your home has a open balcony or a garden, you can actually have a lots of plants there.  Here is what I have...

IMG_7614.JPG

This is my small little garden / balcony.  (Ignore the Durian lady).  It looks small, but I think it holds up to about 100+ plants/pots there...

IMG_7612.JPG

This is something we get from Far East Flora, and it can have about 30 pots of plants there.  We usually plant our veggie there.  Here you can see the Kailan and the small Bok Choy.

IMG_7600.JPG

It is another 3 weeks then, we can cook these Kailan and small Bok Choy.

IMG_7587.JPG

The mints are growing well there... And sometimes, putting this into your sour plum drink will feel refreshing...

IMG_7588.JPG

This is another spice called Thyme... I am not sure what is use for, but I think my wife put some of these in the salad...

IMG_7586.JPG

The parsley.... where I blogged before to boil a pot of water, and put some of these parsley leaves in there and cook it for 10 minutes, then, you keep it in the fridge.  And the parsley drink helps to lower down your blood pressure...

IMG_7589.JPG

When you cook roasted turkey or chicken, placing some of the rosemary will bring up the taste...

IMG_7590.JPG

These are mints two, but its called Orange Mints and the other pot is called Chocolate Mints.  I never used this before, but I know it is for western food...

IMG_7591.JPG

The Ulu Rajah, my wife some times friend this together with the eggs to become some veggie ommelet...

IMG_7592.JPG

Those who loves chili padi will get it here... very fat healthy chili padi...

IMG_7609.JPG

Remember the 18 pots of orchid my friend gave me during Chinese new years, most of them are still here... some still with the flowers...

IMG_7608.JPG

Argh.... how can my place without the Fortune Plant... and it actually grow flowers few months back... how come I never hit 4D leh?

IMG_7602.JPG

Some other plants....

IMG_7613.JPG

And not to forget my Dragon, Tiger water falls protecting the prosperous corner...  North West Corner just beside the balcony...

IMG_7599.JPG

It is a nice feeling to have a small garden of your own within your home... especially when you live in an apartment ... So when you look for your next home, don't forget to find one that has a balcony.  Every morning the birds will be singing here... and playing around in the garden.

Also, it is also good to grow your own spice or veggies.  Because you will be sure that it does not come with any extra chemical in it... it will be 100% organic.

No comments:

Post a Comment