Date: Oct 28, 2011
This is the two wireless access point I have at home. Let's compare their performance.
1. WAN to LAN Throughput. This router is connecting to your Internet Provider. And it shows how fast the top speed it can handled. ASUS is clearly superior in this as its processor are much faster and can handle much more. Both devices has GE ports.
2. LAN to WAN Throughput. This is important where the outside Internet content how fast can they sent to your network. Clearly, ASUS is double the speed of Apple.
3. Total Simultaneous Throughput. The throughput seems impressive. Not sure what does it mean.
4. Maximum Simultaneous Connections. I think this is the TCP IP Sessions. Actually Apple is not far behind.
5. Average 2.4Ghz Downlink Throughput. Again, Apple is not behind of ASUS.
6. Average 2.4Ghz Uplink Throughput. Apple in this case is also not far behind,
A. ASUS Black Diamond Router definitely stay behind SingTel Fiber ONT. That is because I want to ensure the LAN-to-WAN and WAN-to-LAN at the top speed.
B. Apple Extreme is to move to beside Apple TV. This is to ensure I have very good speed on Wireless connecting to Apple TV with minimum Cat6 cable length. This is to ensure Air-Play capability is optimum at my place. And now, when I played Real Racing 2 or Chopper 2, I don't see much lagging anymore.