Sunday, January 23, 2011

Teacher Says My Son Writing Grip is Weak...

One morning, when I send Jay to the school, one of his new teacher told me the way how Jay Jay hold a pencil and write is a bit weak.  She asked us to let Jay Jay have more practice at home to learn how to grip tightly.  She also commented that Jay uses too much space to write...  I was not happy at all to hear that!  May be she is new....  I was even not happy when I hear she said that "Jay was the slowest in class"...

pencil-grasps-1024x470.jpg

For goodness sake!  Jay is only 4+ years old!  And I am very proud to see him write his own Chinese Name - 廖新杰.  And yet the demands from the teachers are a bit too much...

So, I think let's see how this go.   I am not going to make Jay to practice more.  I think he should learn as much as he can learn from school and when he is not in school, he should take a small break and do what he likes to do.  I don't care if after 2 years later, he still have a weak grip for writing... but the most important thing is not to assert extra pressure...

I already sent Jay to full day school, and to him, this is a change in life.  Means, no playing toys at home, no playing with baby Kay at home in the morning, so, I don't think it is write to even try to force him to write or do more than what he suppose to do.

I remember, I only learn this in K2, and K2 is the only kindergarden I have ever gone to before primary school.  And how did we - the parents make it, learn how to write back then?  So, my guess is It is OK for Jay to slowly pick up his focus in writing... but the most important thing is to be happy all the time.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment