Sunday, December 11, 2011

Farmer's Market (Yule Market) Dec-10

Date:  Dec 10, 2011

My first Christmas Party started on Dec 10.  And there is a Yule Market (Farmer's Market) @ Loewen Gardens.  Got to go there to buy some bread, olive oil, wine, and not to forget to eat the Paella.

Screen Shot 2011-12-11 at 8.18.37 AM.png

Lot's of people are there by the time I get there around 10:30am.

IMG_1790.JPG

The man in specs is the "baker".  He is selling his cake, his cereal.  Very nice.  I can't helped and bought a bottle of his cereal.

IMG_1792.jpg

He is selling healthy food - Gluten Free food.

IMG_1791.jpg

The market is very happening.  Lot's of people came here for breakfast.

IMG_1794.jpg

Nice hand made Christmas Decorations... Very natural.

IMG_1795.jpg

The mushroom is very nice.  I bought a few big ones for grill and a couple of small ones for stir fry.

IMG_1797.jpg

The kids already started to eat their Paella.

IMG_1798.jpg

It was so tasty that Jay Jay dropped a spoonful onto his seat.

IMG_1799.jpg

As for me, I busy tasting the wines.  I like this one, it gives a very unique aromatic finishing.  It is very smooth and easy drinking, with a little bit of oaky taste.  But it is nice.  I wanted to get two, but I end up getting four.  And my guests on that day finished three bottles.  :)

Also, it is a Rhone Valley white wine.

IMG_1801.jpg

Oh ya... I forgot to mentioned this in my class notes... When you see "Cru Bourgeois" it means that for some reason, the wine did not make it to the Grand Cru or Grand Cru Classic, but the wine is good, and not to be missed out, so, they called themselves "Cru Bourgeois".

This Medoc is quite nice, 2003.  It gives a very smooth, silky feeling when you drink it, but the alcohol level is there.  And It is a Bordeaux wine, so, the finishing always leaves a very nice aromatic smell.

IMG_1802.jpg

So, I end up getting 6 bottles of wines home.

IMG_1804.jpg

Oh yes... I bought these from a nice pretty Japanese lady.  This shall be my shopping bag to put in my car.  :)

IMG_1805.jpg

OK.  See you next year, Farmer's Market!  And Merry Chritsmas!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment