Monday, March 26, 2012

JP-Day4 The Unexpected Ryokan

Date: Mar 25, 2012

Today is the traveling day. We have to go back to Yokohama from Kawagochiko. Then take a Shinkansen to Kyoto.

When we arrived at Kyoto, the Taxi driver has no idea where is the Ryokan that we are staying!

So I need to call the hotel, and out of my surprise, an English speaking Hiro-San help me to direct the taxi driver to the front of hotel.

There we are at the front of hotel/ryokan, but the door was locked!

It is a two storey Ryokan.

So I called Hiro-San again. He asked if I have received the pass code from Agoda? I remember there were 1-2 emails regarding the pass code. But I don't understand what is it!

He said, the whole house it's yours for two days.

What? This is interesting! He said he will arrived shortly, ask us to get inside.

The warmer is already on.

There is a toilet below.

Standard ToTo issue. With the most advanced control panel I have ever seen.

And a small wooden bath tub. Cool!

Climb up the stairs, you get to the bed rooms.

Three beds already prepared for our arrival.

This is the tea room upstairs. It is facing the Hanami kochi direction.

Of course my wife love this scene. The Sakura in the small garden has bloom.

This is the bottom part of the Sakura tree.

The toilet upstairs.

With a bigger wooden tub and a TV inside.

The washing bowl.

Another ToTo upstairs.

There is a kitchen too.

With steam boat ware, stove, plates, bowls and everything you need!

Ok! This is really unexpected for me for a ryokan that is exactly like a service apartment.

There are cleaning service the next day at twelve.

There is no food though...

Let's set off to find food!

Oh, they even give you a laptop to surf web. Also a mobile phone to contact them.

According to Hiro-San, they have 6 units such as this. They only have 2 available for Agoda.

You can tell from my wife face how happy she is seeing the Sakura! Haha

 

[Updates 3/4/2012] Contacts details for the Ryokan

Machiya Residence Inn Kyoto / Gion Koyuan
Fax:075-708-5611
Email:info@kyoto-machiya-inn.com
URL:
http://www.kyoto-machiya-inn.com
http://www.machiya-ryokan.com/en/
Twitter:
http://twitter.com/KyotoMachiyaInn
Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Machiya-Residence-Inn-Kyoto/129207050467744

Hiro Araki

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

 

No comments:

Post a Comment