Monday, March 19, 2012

The New iPad

Date:  Mar 19, 2012

I ordered a new iPad.  And it arrived this afternoon.  So, here are my thoughts.

IMG_5298.jpg

1.  Apple has successfully making the iPad into a PC-replacement or laptop-replacement devices.  So, if you think about this... it all make sense.  It is like buying an iMac.  The appearence of the iMac is always looks the same or similar.  But the chip, the processors, the configurations of the systems is always different.  We call it a refresher.  So, this new iPad gets a technology upgrade on its screen, and processor.  So, when they call this the "New iPad" it actually make sense.  You don't have to call it iPad 3 or any other name, because it is merely the same thing.

2.  When I open the box, and I look at the device.  Well, it looks exactly the same as before.  Yes, it is a bit more heavier, but it is the same.  So, I actually cannot tell whether it is a iPad2 or iPad3.  (I use the 2 and 3 to differentiate the model).  Only when you turn on the screen, then, you can tell a bit on the sharpness.

3.  So, if you have 老花眼 (Old people eye sight reading problem), I guess you have a reason to buy it, the screen is more sharper.  But whether it help, I don't know.

4.  I bought it for a few reasons.

- better camera, so I can sometimes take photo using this huge tablet.

- better processor, so that iMovie can run faster.  I make a lot of family home movies.  And I found it much faster and some times very convenient to make the photos on your iPad.  So, when I go vacation, I will always transfer the photos and video from all cameras, and iPhones onto this iPad for backup as well as making the home movies and blogging purpose.

- better screen, Retina Display.  I watch a lot of movies and TV series.  Now, I can watch even clearer 1020p movies.  Do you still remember, comparing the iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 screen when Retina Display first came out.  If you can tell the difference, then, this is a big reason to change it.

5.  So, if you asked me for advise if you need to buy it or not?  Well.. depends on you.  If you can afford the change, then, change it.  If you cannot, then, don't.  It is all up to you.  As everyone knows I am an Apple fan, as an fan, you do crazy things.  Always make your own judgement.  No one else can influence your decision but yourself.

Once you make a decision, do not look back.

(Just in case you wonder if I will sell my iPad2?  Sorry, all sold out, got buyer already!  haha)

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment