Monday, March 19, 2012

My New iMac

Date:  Mar 19, 2012

OK.  One of the main reason for this upgrade is... I am really tired of moving my photos and videos here and there just to make room space for iPhotos.  Everytime, when I come back from an event with my camera (and my wife's too), I end up with few hundreds new high resolutions RAW photos, and it takes up space.  I have tried many methods, and were not so committed to it.  So, one fine evening, I decided that I had enough with my 350Gb old iMac, and I ordered a new iMac online.

So, my new iMac have 2TB of hard disk space, Vs. 350Gb that I have with the old iMac.  See the reason why I wanted to buy?

And it came after 2-3 days.  I remember, I just came back from entertaining a client at MBS, and when I arrived home, it was 2AM in the morning.  So, I quickly open up the box, and put the new 27" iMac on my table.  And plug in my Time Machine hard disk.  The new iMac booted up, and asked if I wanted to restore it from the Time Machine, I say YES.  Then, I go to sleep.  (It will take 2 hours to do the transfer).

IMG_5059.JPG

When I wake up the next morning, I was greeted with this familiar log in screen, and I start and continie my surfing, my blogging, my daily routines on the new iMac.

IMG_5060.jpg

And folks, I must say, that is the only reason why you want to buy Apple products, buy the iMac or the MacBook Air.  When I log on to the new iMac, everything on it is the same as it is on the old iMac.  The account transfer process is smooth and without human intervention.

I am glad that I have changed from Windows to Apple. This is since Steve Jobs passed away.

Screen Shot 2012-03-19 at 3.31.48 AM.png

No comments:

Post a Comment