Saturday, March 26, 2011

Qing Ming 2011 (清明)

Date: Mar 26, 2011

It's about 22 years that my dad has passed away.  After that, I spent 7 years in Canada to reform myself, and then come back to Singapore and work for 15 years.

He will be glad to know that his two grandson is doing well too.  Although never seen his Ye-Ye (爷爷) before, Jay helps to clean the tomb.

IMG_5213.jpg

Little Kay also smile smile at the grand father too.  This year we put a heaven bird flower there too.  My mom explains why my dad's tomb are not fully covered, and have a hole there with soil.  That is because my grandma wanted my dad to be able to brief the air outside.  That is why over the years, we constantly put more soil and rocks in there at the middle.

IMG_5202.JPG

That's my boy.  Clean away those grass too.  My Jay Jay has grown up to become a very helpful boy in the family.

IMG_5216.jpg

Bye... See you next year, dad.

2 comments:

  1. It's nice to see your kids helping out with this yearly ritual. Sad they never get to know your dad. I always have fond memories when my mom brought us to KL to stay with your mom and dad when we were little. Good old times. This is the first time I've ever seen his gravestone. Very beautiful. ~ Larry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.... Because the father very lazy, so ask and teach the kids how to clean it. hahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete