Saturday, September 3, 2011

Peranakan Museum

Date:  Sep 3, 2011

Beside the Central Fire Station, not far away, there is Peranakan Museum.  This is a place where you learn about the Peranakan in South East Asia.  Where they come from, their culture, their cloths, their kitchens, etc etc.

IMG_0756.JPG

There is a cool sculpture just outside the museum.  Touch her hand.

IMG_0761.JPG

Oh... a cat.

IMG_0762.JPG

And Kay Kay loves Mel Mel (cat).

IMG_0768.JPG

OK.  These few pictures are too cute...

IMG_6301.JPG

I think we should buy a cat statue and put at home.

IMG_6303.JPG

He just adorable.

IMG_6304.JPG

OK.  Don't put sticket on the cat.

IMG_6308.JPG

Oh ya.

IMG_6309.JPG

Oh ya.  The Museum is $6 per Pax.  Children below 6 are free.  And if you have Passion Card, very powerful.  half price.  :)

NewImage.jpg

Oh... I didn't know that Dick Lee is a Peranakan.

IMG_0770.jpg

Wait now.. Isn't this Uncle Rodney???

IMG_0772.JPG

Yes.  Confirmed.  It is him.  I had Uncle Rodney as my boss for some time during my Pacific Internet days.  :)

photo.PNG

OK.  I have heard of this ceremony before.  Oh... In my brother in law's marrige.  So, my in-law will bring the pork leg to the to-be-bridges house, and then, they will return the leg, something like that.  Wait a minute, that is peranakan... oh... I almost forgot, my wife is 1/4 or peranakan.  I think.

IMG_0774.jpg

So, we followed the peranakan way.

IMG_0775.jpg

Wow.  The Hennessy vintage must be very old.

IMG_0776.jpg

Ok.  Most of the Museum have this.  Emboss the things they want you to find.

IMG_0780.jpg

See.  I have everything done up nicely.

IMG_0783.jpg

Hello Hello?

IMG_0786.jpg

That one just now does not work.  How about this?  Hello Hello?

IMG_0788.jpg

Let's try the 1973 one.  See if it works?  Hello?

IMG_0789.jpg

OK.  He is too tired.  Eventually knocks off very fast.

IMG_0791.jpg

OK.  The peranakan museum has a lot of info regarding Baba and Nyonya.  To the kids at this age, they still cannot appreciate it yet.  But wait until they found a Nyonya in future, then, they will need to come back and study.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment