Friday, February 5, 2016

Good Food - Bak Chor Mee Cooked by Japanese

Date:  Feb 5, 2016

Thank you my friend, Larry who brought me here two days ago to eat my first bowl of authentic bak chor mee cooked by Japanese’s father and daughter and a young helper.

So, today, after I finished doing my CNY wet marketing for CNY reunion dinner, Instead of eating at Tiong Bahru, we drove to Block 710 Clementi West Street 2, Weng Kwang Coffee House.  Here, at Ah Hoe Mee Pok, me and my wife eats the nice bak chor mee.

This Mushroom Minced Meat Noodle is only $4.00 per bowl.  

IMG 0345

This is the one that is on the news on New Straight Times, where the Japanese father and daughter took over Ah Hoe Mee Pok and selling the Bak Chor Mee.

Screen Shot 2016 02 05 at 9 17 41 AM

The price is OK, not so expensive.  

IMG 0342

The prawn although looks small, is sweet, fresh and cook correctly (煮得刚刚好), the timing of the cooking is correct that is why the prawn is quite nice.  $4 you can 1 prawn.  $5 bowl you can more meat plus 2x prawns.

IMG 0346

I love their meat.  Very tasty.  Not sure how they do it, but very tasty and tender.

IMG 0348

I love their pork lard.  The cut it thin for every piece, and seems to fried it to golden crispy.  Love it!  When you eat it not so sinful.  Hahahaha

IMG 0349

I also order a bowl of meat ball soup for $3.  Nice, especially they put the pork lard in.  

IMG 0347

Oh ya.  The daughter and father and family stay in Park West.  So, I am their neighbour.  

This is their address of the Ah Hoe Mee Pok.  I will go back and eat again and again.  Just like the Penang restaurant near by, the Japanese restaurant at Faber heights there, and of course Cassa Croutes at Park West by Chef Patrick.  These are my favourites makan place near by my house.  Not forget to mention the Curry Fish head at West Coast Plaza, i.e Cozy.

Screen Shot 2016 02 05 at 9 23 13 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment