Monday, October 17, 2011

Fun Weekend - Week 41 - 2011

Date: Oct 16, 2011

1.  We have an important guess today.  She is Aunt Jennifer who is going to cook for us today.  Well, the truth is, I traded some good wines for her Sarawakian food.  :)  So, Jay Jay decided to have a new sitting arrangement, and he is telling Mommy about the new sitting arrangement and the reason why.  Cute!

IMG_0215.jpg

2.  This is the Lor Bak from Sarawak, and is using a special Dark Soya Sauce from Sarawak too.  Looks very tasty.  As she does not like 八角, so, she use the 绍兴酒 or 花雕酒 to replace it.  This is very interesting, and I may try this in future.

IMG_0212.jpg

After cutting it, it is presnted this way.  The Lor Bak.  Not too salty, but fatty.

IMG_0216.JPG

3.  So, in order to pair it with the fatty food, you suppose to use a crisp white or less tannin red.  So, I have chosen the following Foresco grapes wine which is not too powerful on the tannin.  As our guess loves to drink the red wine.  As you may remember, I bought this from Cold Storage Wine Fair.  I tasted the wine, and it is quite easy going, means the tannin is just nice and balanced.  It is not too acidic too, and it is a bit fruity.  So, it is good to have it with the Lor Bak as well as the 2.5 Years Pork/Ham from Australia.

IMG_0225.jpg

4.  Me wrapping the ham over the melon.  And since the ham is a bit chewy, it tasted even better when you keep chewing and have a small sip.

IMG_0218.jpg

5.  The ham is a 2.5 Years old ham, and it is soldat the Loewen Garden Farmer's market.  The melon is Malaysian made, that is why the dinner is depending on what we bring and what we can buy.    The ham, the ham, really nice. (I don't even know wht is the name, I called it Ham).

IMG_0221.jpg

6.  Beside the fish, we have long beans Anchovies bake rice too.  It is quite tasty.  Good dish, Jennifer!

IMG_0223.jpg

7.  Jennifer commented my stove is very good.  The fire is very fierce.  That is why can char such a veggie out.  Which is true.  :)

IMG_0220.jpg

8.  She can cook, but she eats her rice with kechap!  What?

IMG_0228.jpg

9.  This is my famous cotton cheese cake!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhhh yeeeeehaaaa!

IMG_0234.jpg

10.  Not too bad, not too sweet but a bit sweet.  The skin and 1 inch below can eat.  Need more work on the rest.  But good.

IMG_0236.jpg

11.  So, what goes great with the cheese cake as well as those Chocolate from Ikea?  I think a Alsace 2004 Gewurztraminer will be good.  The wine is slightly sweeter than the desserts.  :)

IMG_0231.jpg

12.  Thanks Auntie Jennifer for a great dinner!

IMG_0239.jpg

13.  Before we go home from lunch, we stopped by Peugeot show room.  First time I stepped into the show room since 4 years, 7 years, 10 years ago... yes.  All my cars are Peugeot.  And know training my son to know Peugeot too.  He is now driving an 107.

IMG_0207.jpg

14.  Hungry ... where to go?  La Petite Cuisine surprises me.  @ Serene Centre.

IMG_0186.JPG

15.  I think we have lots of different type of Angry Bird Tees at this home.  Thank You Taobao!

IMG_1744.JPG

16.  I always enjoy him trying to play the violin for me.  Good job son!  I am a simple father.  A son can perform for his dad is a fun son.

IMG_0005.JPG

17.  Have not failed doing 6 days cycling per week.  Jia You!

IMG_0185.jpg

18.  It is Justin's first time in Polliwogs.  It will take time for Justin to get use to it.  Once he go into the pre-school, he will grow fast!

IMG_0163.JPG

19.  Just like this guy, always enjoy playing at Polliwogs.

IMG_1738.JPG

He too.  Love Polliwogs.

IMG_0174.jpg

20.  Loewen Garden Farmers' Market.  My strong recommendation.  I love the ham/pork.  2.5 years.  I love the chicken pie.  And I love the Paella.

IMG_0125.JPG

Again.  I love the Paella.

IMG_0122.jpg

21.  We brought Grandma to the fish pond beside the goat milk there.  My mom loves it!

IMG_0099.JPG

Who can refuse the fish here.  So big and so hungry!

IMG_0106.JPG

And my mom can't stop smiling taking photos with the fishes.

IMG_0103.JPG

22.  Yeah!  Angry Pig is on Mommy's car!

IMG_0111.jpg

23.  Who is that hansome kid taking photo with Grandma?

IMG_0094.jpg

24.  Got to love your kid who cook for you.

IMG_0056.jpg

What is he cooking?  Mushroom soup.

IMG_0059.jpg

25.  OpenNet come and install the 2nd fibre into my place.  :)

IMG_0047.jpg

26.  A great hero comes with a great tee-shirt.

IMG_0050.jpg

27.  Meet Mr. Pumpkin.

IMG_0022.jpg

Mr. Pumpkin with Kay and Mommy.

IMG_0031.jpg

28.  A great toy.  Rotating Magnetic.

IMG_0072.jpg

29.  Wohooo... IOS5.  All devices upgraded!

IMG_0089.jpg

30.  And Happy Birthday Jay Jay!

IMG_6876.JPG

And thanks Estee for the great birthday cake!

IMG_2106.jpg

He certainly have lots of fun!

IMG_2179.jpg

So as the kids!

IMG_2160.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment