Sunday, October 30, 2011

Wine Fiesta - Wine for Asia 2011

Date: Oct 29, 2011

The Wine for Asia 2011 is a 3 days event.  The first 2 days are for traders.  And the last day, namely "Wine Fiesta" is for general public and wine lovers.  I went with my family, and have to beg them to allow my 2 boys to go in.  Terrence is still in US, so, he sent his wife Amanda to go.

IMG_0107.jpg

The first stop is to stop by the Wine Buffett.  According to the label, all these are "award winning
" labels in the Wine Asia.   There are hundreds of bottles for you to taste.

IMG_0092.jpg

Even white wines, rose are available.  All the wines are from the rest of the world... Mostly new world.

IMG_0093.jpg

Jay Jay is exicited, as he has not seen so much wine before.

IMG_0105.jpg

Hey, that's Roderick.  He is Renee's friend in KL.  I think he is the cheif Sommelier for Hilton.  I once drank with him at Vintry Jaya33, KL.  And I learned a lot from his guy.  :)

IMG_0110.jpg

One of the very few bottles that I like from the Wine Buffett.

IMG_0111.jpg

I like this Pinot Noir too.

IMG_0115.jpg

This big Fella Chardonay is nice too.

IMG_0116.jpg

I told the ladies not to waste too much time at the Wine Buffett.  Yes, there are a lot of wines, but not so nice.  So, I brought them to The Great Bordeaux 2008 Tasting Booth.

IMG_0117.jpg

They appreciate the Bordeaux wines a lot after tasting a few bottles.  And immediately, they found the differene between the old world and the new world wines.  It is the aroma that left in the glass that amazed them.

IMG_0119.jpg

Oh Ya... I drank this one, not too bad.

IMG_0121.jpg

After these fantastic wine, we went to the Garlic Restaurant and eat our big meal.  :)  NO WINE though.  ahhaha

IMG_0123.jpg

The ticket is $30 per pax.  And you get to choose a door gift, either a award winning wine or a book.  So, after looking at 3 random bottles of wine, I decided to get 2x Books.  Coz the book cost about S$70 and the wine, I don't know... may be $30-$40?  The book is by Chng Poh Tiong, it is a wine pairing book with Chinese Food.

IMG_0128.jpg

It is this thick!

IMG_0129.jpg

And the content is quite OK.  It's in English and Chinese.  And Lots of photos.

IMG_0131.jpg

It's a good gift to give people too.  :)

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment