Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My iPad Keyboard - Review





My iPad Keyboard finally arrived today.

It is very interesting that Apple has come up with this idea of creating a docking system for iPad that comes with a keyboard. I think the original intention is for those writers that loves iBook, but when they wish to write their books, they wanted to use a keyboard instead of the software keyboard.

These are a few things that I notice.

1. You can use it for Pages. But what about Numbers and Keynote. You cannot run Keynote in vertical mode, it has to be horizontal mode. For Numbers, you cannot use the keyboard to navigate and key in numbers. So, the keyboard is for word processing, but not Spreadsheet and presentations.

2. It is quite cool, that you can control the iTunes music with it.

3. It has a Spotlight button, so that you can search for things.

4. I think this is created for people who needs to write a lot of emails. But Email in portrait mode does not have the message navigation bar. So, not so friendly. Email in horizontal mode is a friendly mode.

5. I did use it for creating this blog. Very nice feeling.

6. OK. The contact has to be fully contacted at the iPad connector there. You cannot wear a silicon jacket and expect it will be fully inserted into the dock. So, you have to remove the silicon jacket. That is bad...

As a conclusion, the iPad keyboard is a nice thing to have if you need to type fast or doing a lot of word processing.

It would be nice if apple can make it a bluetooth keyboard, and the dock can allow you to doc the iPad either in portrait mode or horizontal mode. So, I think it is a good to have accessory.

My iPad VGA adapter also came. And that is a useful piece of accessories that you need to get. As you need to project the presentation to all the major projectors. I have tested it with my Samsung monitor, and it works well. And it comes with a laser pointer by simply press and hold on the iPad screen. Quite cool.

Now I

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPAD

Location:Clementi Avenue 6,Clementi,Singapore

No comments:

Post a Comment