Sunday, May 23, 2010

Baby tearing papers

Addyd tearing paper.jpg

I don't know about you. But all the while I don't like to see kids tearing paper, any kind of paper. i.e. News paper, telephone books, note pad, etc etc. I ever see a kid, he enjoys it so much, and the kid torn away a $50 note.

I think when a baby start to tear the paper first time, they may finds it amusing, and may start to laugh and enjoy it. some times the parent thought it is funny as well, and they let the baby continue to do it, as they the parents enjoy watching the baby laughing. and that sort of turn into an encouragement, and guess what, the next thing you know, baby starts tearing anything that is made of paper.

when I first see baby Kay about to tear the paper, I will raise the voice a bit, so that the baby will notice the change in tone. Then I will take away the paper. After a short while, I gave the paper back to him. Almost immediately, he remember the tearing paper joyful feeling, wanted to tear it again. Then you start to grab the paper from him, hold both of his hand, and say "no-no". Repeat this action 100 time if needed too. Hopefully, thru this, the baby got the message that this is a wrong action, and he should not tear paper as it will make papa raise the voice, and say no-no...

I think the baby can detect the tone, and we may remember that no-no means cannot do.

The same trick can be used when he/she start to put things into his/her mouth too. Very effective, although you have to be very patient to repeats the action at least 100 times.

No comments:

Post a Comment