Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Bowling #2 - 不会打不要装会打

Date:  Mar 7, 2012

Today I went to play bowling again with my buddies.  But I did not know I actually did not know how to play bowling until today.  I always thought that I knew how to throw and hit the ball.  HaHaHaHaHa

IMG_4800.JPG

And today, I learned an important lesson in bowling.  I never knew this until my friend pointed out and guided me on this.

This is a typical bowling lane.  In front of the foul line, there are the approach dots.

Where you stand

You have to picked where you wan tto stand.  If I wanted to hit on the middle first pin, then, for me (yes, everyone is different, and you got to find your own standing position), I will stand on the right side, between the first dot and third middle big dot.

Where you aim

When you aim, you actually need not to aim the pins.  You just aim the "dots" in between the foul line and the arrows.  Silly me, that I had never noticed the dots.  I always aim at the pin, and then shorten it down to the arrows.  That is why, my bowling ball is always released slightly above the bottom position (pendelum movement).  That explains why the ball is not consistent all the time.

When you release

After you have decided where you need to release the ball, it is very easy to be consistent.  All you need is to practise so that you can always hit the same position, and the ball will always move the same direction.  So, your ball wont be released too early.  The ball will be released almost at the bottom position of the pendulum motion.  And the release will be smooth, and it will always be consistent.

NewImage.jpg

Of course the stepping is also very important.  When you step out your 4 steps, where is the ball position.  When you over step one or two, your rythym will be disrupted.

NewImage.jpg

Yes.  It is only 4 steps.  Of course you can step 5 steps if you want.

NewImage.jpg

I am very happy to learn this today, and I played 5 extra solo games to practise the swing, the steps, and the direction by looking at the "dots".  Most of the time, I do not have to look at where exactly is the pin.  Because the pin is always at the exact location, it is the direction of throw and where you want the bowling ball to hit the pins which is matter.  With this method, I actually produce a lot of "X" and spares on my last 2 games.  That is indeed a huge giant leaps for me.

NewImage.jpg

 

No comments:

Post a Comment