Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Bird Nest Story

Date:  Nov 29, 2011

Some info about bird nest.

My friend wants to buy bird nest.  Ask me if I can buy some from Setiawan.

IMG_0940.jpg

So, I asked my father in-law to help.  So, he recommend this.

IMG_0941.jpg

1.  These are the bird nest from my wife's relatives.

2.  They breed the birds on the 2nd floor of their home.

3.  Their home is just beside the sea water @ Bangan Puncho (班足).

4.  The birds actually eats the "sea" mosquitos.  There are plenty of mosquitos for them to feed.

5.  Since it is done by relatives, they usually use mineral water to wash.  Means, no chemical.

6.  Usually, these bird nest is for own consumptions.

7.  It is said that these bird nest is much better than the Setiawan one.  Setiawan's bird nest usually are much easier to get softer, and melt into the boiling.

As you can see, my wife cook some bird nest for me.  And this is the first spoonful.

IMG_1066.jpg

The bird nest is very tasty.  And the texture is very nice.  Some are skinny, and melted into the hot water.  But this one, still stay in tact.

IMG_1068.jpg

So, this is how you cook it.

a.  Soak in water for 1 hour, make it soften a bit.

b.  Use "DOUBLE BOILER" to double boil the bird nest for 2-3 hours.  Means, bird nest is inside a ceramic pot within another boiling water bowl.

That's it.

I also don't know much about the bird nest.  But if I have it, I will eat it lor.

IMG_1067.jpg

Note: Since this is not a commercial bird nest, so, we knew that it is prewash by using mineral water.  So, there is no chemical inside.  Those you buy outside, they wanted their bird nest to look nice, clean and white, so, usually the apply some chemical to wash it and bleech it.  That is why you usually wanted to soak them overnight.  But for this, if you soak it overnight, it will become very soft.  So, when you get to boil it, it will melt into the water.  So, soak 1-2 hours is enough usually.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment