Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Improving My Golf Swing #1

Date:  April 10, 2012

It's been almost 5 years that I have not seen Skye Neal.  I did not even finished his 10 weeks course last time, due to heavy commitment in my previous job where I need to travel.  He was my golf instructor.  Recently, I found that my golf swing goes haywired, and it becomes worst when I tried to fix it.  Now I am confuse, and my golf swings has become very inconsistent.  I can hit pretty good shot in every hole, only destroyed by a consistent bad shot be it driver or iron shot.

NewImage.jpg

So, I decided to go back to see Skye and asked him for help.  Today is the first day of the 6-days improvement class.

I was asked to hit about 20 swings.. and all of these are recorded immediately on the V1Pro Video Cam Golf Analysis system.  Immediately, he can tell me that my posture is way too steep, wrong.

NewImage.jpg

From the data collected, something similar to this ... it shows my attack angle, club path, and so on.  (Something similar to below)

NewImage.jpg

So, as I can remember my frist few shots... This is how it is, out of the 10 balls, I got 2 on the left, and 8 on the right.  So, majority, I am hitting the balls to the right hand side.  I knew that all along, and I tried to correct it by compensating it.  And that is wrong, it only make it become worst.

Screen Shot 2012-04-10 at 6.37.23 AM.png

So, on the first day, he wants me to

1.  Have a more sporting posture.  I have to bow a bit, lower my body to keep the club nearer to my body.

2.  Relax my grip.  He commented my grib is ok.

3.  And put the headcover under my arm pit, and swing the club without dropping it.

keegan.gif

It was hard.  And I sweat a lot when doing this exercise.  But at the end of the 45 minutes... I can hit 75% good clean shot.  (You know when you hit a good clean shot).  Last time, is out of 10 swings, you only hot 1-2 clean shot.  Now, after the drill, I am able to hit 6-7 out of 10.  The shot is clean, and it carry far.

The drill actually works.  And it keep me thinking how to swing my body.  And at the end of the day, I end up hitting the ball more straighter, and more clean.  So, my homework is to continue this drill and practise in the golf driving range before I see him next week.

Screen Shot 2012-04-10 at 6.42.48 AM.png

I have put in a lot of commitment this year to improve my golf.  I will aim to break 100 this year!  :)

 

A wonderful golf swing theory... http://perfectgolfswingreview.net/ballflight.htm

NewImage.jpg

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment