Friday, April 22, 2011

Beijing Day#2 - Dinner - 牛街

Date:  April 20, 2011

Some of my customer are Muslims from Malaysia.  And I was so headache trying to fine a good place for them to eat.  And then, my China friends suggested me to go to this 牛街.

IMG_5591.JPG

This is a street where all the Chinese Muslims (回族,清真教) setup their restaurant, supermarket, etc etc.

IMG_5589.JPG

They even have a place selling halal tea.  Here in 牛街 (Niu Jie Street), you can see Arabics scripts in the shop front.

IMG_5590.JPG

Look at this, they even have huge super market for Muslim.  And they have lots of nice kueh kueh inside there too.  A very big food court that sell only halal food.

IMG_5588.JPG

We end up eating here.  The Tu Lu Fan restaurant.  There are also a couple of Muslim restaurant on this street.

IMG_5592.jpg

If I can avoid lamb, I will.  But this BBQ lamb is damn nice!  There is no lamb smell!

IMG_5593.jpg

Look, it is that hollow crispy buns again.  And this time, you wrap with the ginger lamb slice.  This lamb slice, and I don't know how they do it, it taste exactly like stir fried beef slice.  And there is absolutely no lamb smell.

IMG_5594.jpg

And then, we eat this fresh tomato fish.  Very nice and well done.

We had fun.  It is the first time I knew that there is a place for Muslim friends to go to.

No comments:

Post a Comment